This is an easy and alluring chocolate cake, which can make the birthday occasion more exciting & yummy.
I have prepared this cake on the occasion of my daughters 3rd birthday (27-Feb-2015). I hope you will like it and love to prepare third cake on your kids birthday.
As this cake is especially for kids so I have tried to include all those ingredients that are kids favorite e.g. Chocolate gems, wafer stick, chocolate and sweet vermicelli.
- 175 gm salted butter at room temperature
- 175 gm white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 gm self-raising flour (maida), sifted
- 50 gm cocoa, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 100 gm dark chocolate
- 100 gm chopped butter
- Wafer sticks
- Colorful Gems
- Colorful Vermicelli
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl take all the wet ingredients and whisk well with an electric beater.
- Now, pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Now beat the mixture till it becomes smooth (be careful not to over beat the mixture).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 10 inches aluminum dish and dust it with flour. Pour the mixture into the dish and bake it for 45 to 50 minutes.
- After it is baked, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- For icing take a bowl. Mix melted chocolate and butter and let them cool. Spread the chocolate and butter mixture on the top of the cake.
- Decorate it with wafer sticks, vermicelli, and gems as shown in the picture.
- First, add wafer sticks and tied it with ribbon.
- Now add vermicelli & gems.
- Your cake is ready. Now it’s Party time.