Pumpkin spice cakes are one of the most loved desserts in the world. They are not only mouth watering tasty but are also a high-value ambrosia that you can never forget. However, it’s not only the cake that you can make out of this recipe. You will be surprised to know that you can also make a pumpkin spice cake out of this. This is very different from the pumpkin spice cake recipe.
Here are the ingredients:
- Cake flour
- Baking powder.
- Table salt.
- Ground nutmeg, sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice.
- Shortening or even lard.
- Egg yolks.
- Canned pumpkin
- Low-calorie frying oils such as canola.
- Take a medium sized bowl, add the cake flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice and whisk them together.
- Take another bowl and add the sugar with shortening ( or lard ) and mix them for nearly one minute. After you are done with this mixing, add egg yolks and mix for another one minute.
- Now get ready with this mixture, flour mix, and pumpkin. Add one-third of the flour mix and the mix till they are properly combined. Also, add the sour cream and mix till it gets combined.
- Add again one-third of the flour mix and mix till it properly combines. Add the pumpkin and the mix and combine them properly and then add the last one-third of the flour mix. Note that the dough should be sticky and wet, ideal for a cookie dough.
- Transfer this dough to another bowl and refrigerate it for 45 minutes.
- Now comes adding the glaze part. Put all the glaze ingredients in another bowl, mixing alongside hot milk as you keep it adding. You can also use a stand mixer for this purpose but do it this way is usually convenient.
- Now heat 2 inches of oil in a heavy duty cooking pot or a Dutch oven.
- Now put the dough on the dough work surface. Before you take the dough, sprinkle some flour on the surface. Roll the dough properly and make sure that it does not stick to the rolling pin. You can also apply some flour to your hands and to the rolling pin.
- Now it’s time to shape the dough. Use a dough cutter to cut the doughnut. You can have a heart shape cut on the top or any other shape of your choice.
- Once the shapes have been cut add them to the oil. Use a cooking thermometer to check if the oil temperature is 325 degrees before you start cooking.
- Fry the doughnuts for 15 seconds on each side from 75 to 90 seconds, till they turn light golden brown. Fry them for another 60 to 75 seconds till they turn completely golden brown. They should look cracked and fully golden brown in color and should also have that crisp feel.
- Keep the doughnuts to cool off on the rack and then serve.