Pumpkin spice cake is a very delicious and superbly mouth watering dessert. Pumpkin spice cake recipe is very different to the other varieties that you can make out of it. In fact, the pumpkin spice cake is more diverse than it seems. You can also make a super delicious pumpkin spice cake with honey frosting.
You are going to need the following ingredients:
- Half cup melted and unsalted butter. Also a bit additional butter for the pan.
- Two and a half cup all purpose flour.
- Two teaspoons of baking soda.
- Half teaspoon salt.
- One tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. If not available, then you can also go for one and a half teaspoons of cinnamon, three-fourth teaspoons of ginger and a half teaspoon of ginger with a one-eighth teaspoon each of cloves and allspice.
- Two large eggs.
- One and a half cups of sugar.
- One can or 15 ounces of pumpkin puree.
For the honey frosting, you are going to need.
- Half cup or one stick unsalted butter. It would be better if it’s softer.
- One bar ( 8 ounces ) cream cheese, preferably low fat and very soft.
- One fourth cup honey.
You can also buy honey frosting from the market, but it’s always beneficial to make it in the kitchen. This way you will not only know more about making a honey frosting but will also be able to get as much frosting as you like.
Here goes the recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a nine-inch square baking pan and butter it for effective baking. You can also use a 95 inches loaf pan, however, you will have to increase the baking time by 25 to 30 minutes given that the loaf pan is thicker than your average cake pan.
- Take a medium bowl and add flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice and whisk them together. Take another large bowl and add egg yolks, sugar, pumpkin puree and butter and whisk them effectively. Add the earlier mixture into this and mix them gently till they are smooth.
- The mixture creates the batter. Now take the batter into your cake pan and put it into the oven for baking. Ideal baking time is 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To check the cooking, insert a toothpick in the center and remove it. If you see only a few small crumbs attached to it, then it is adequately cooked. If the toothpick brings along too much of the batter stuff, then it is not rightly cooked.
- After the cake is cooked, keep it to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Now its time to make the honey frosting. Take a medium sized bowl and add whisked butter, cream cheese, and honey and mix them together properly until you get a smooth mixture.
- Apply the honey frosting on top of the cake and serve for eating.